Saturday, November 30, 2013

Catching Up #3: Taco Soup

I have been a kind wife and been making food for us lately. I tried two different recipes of Taco Soup. Both were great. Take your pick and make one.

Soup:
-1 Lb. Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts (About 2-3 Breasts), Cubed (I used bottled from my mom, and shredded it)
-10 Oz. Diced Tomatoes With Green Chilies (RoTel) (I excluded)
-14.5 Oz. Diced or Whole Peeled Tomatoes, No Salt Added (I didn't care about No Salt)
-1 C. Corn, Frozen or Canned (Canned)
-14.5 Oz. Black Beans, No Salt Added (I also didn't care about No Salt)
-1 Medium White Onion, Diced (I used about a handful of dehydrated, Matthew don't like onions at all)
-1-2 JalapeƱo, Diced (I used a small can of Diced Green Chilies)
-2 Cloves Garlic, Minced (Garlic Powder)
-2-3 C. Reduced Sodium Chicken Broth (I use Sodium Free Instant Chicken + Water) (Chicken Bouillon Cubes and water)
-1 Tsp. Ground Cumin
-1 Tsp. Chili Powder
-1 Tsp. Salt
-1/4 Tsp. Black Pepper

Tortilla Strips: (I just used chips that we already had at the house)
-3 White Corn Tortillas, Cut Into Strips
-Salt & Pepper To Taste

Directions:
Toss all the ingredients for the soup into your crock pot and give everything a good stir. Secure the lid and set to cook on low for 6-8 hours. (My chicken was pre-cooked, so all of the stuff was just put in together long enough to 'marinate' and get warm together. Maybe 4 hours?)

Delicious. Matthew ate leftovers! (That's a huge win at our house) We put Sour Cream and Cheese into our soup and squeezed some lime juice on top, I also had avocado in mine- not in Matthew's.

 

8 Can Taco Soup:

 
Ingredients: 

-1 (15 oz.) can black beans, drained and rinsed
-1 (15 oz.) can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
-1 (14.5 oz.) can petite diced tomatoes, drained
-1 (15.25 oz.) can sweet corn, drained
-1 (12.5 oz.) can white chicken breast, drained (I used my Bottled Chicken from my mom again. I didn't drain- cause its allllll chicken goodness. And I shredded.)
-1 (10.75 oz.) can cream of chicken soup
-1 (10 oz.) can green enchilada sauce
-1 (14 oz.) can chicken broth (I did 2 cups of Broth with my bouillon cubes.)
-1 packet taco seasoning
-(I also added a small can of Diced Green Chilies, cause I like them.)

Directions:
-Mix all ingredients together in a large pot. (I crockpotted my stuff, about 3 hours.)
-Heat until warm, stirring occasionally. 
-Serve with tortilla chips.

I liked this one slightly more because I didn't have to measure ANYTHING. Except water for my broth, NBD.

Again we ate with Sour Cream and Cheese. Again Matthew ate leftovers!
Like I said, choose either and you will not be disappointed.

2 comments:

  1. I make this second one often. So good!! And Easy. My friends think I can actually cook. :) SL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Second one is in my crockpot RIGHT now!

    ReplyDelete