Thursday, June 5, 2014

The World Needs More Della's

FACT.
 
My surrogate grandmother passed away at the beginning of April. (I'm very behind)
She had a really great way of making you know how much she loved you, even if she had just met you. I've known her all my life.
 
I remember staying at her house in Buena Park at one point, for I don't know what, but Danielle and I slept on the floor by her bed and we had borrowed some of her silky nightgowns. Best silky nightgown that ever existed.
 
She was present in every aspect of my life and I already miss her like crazy.
I'm glad that I got to spend time with her recently but I'm sad that Lincoln never got to meet her.
Something to look forward to.
 
[I can't find a picture of me and Della together :( I know that one exists somewhere. I have pictures of me at her house, in front of her house, with her son, at her family ranch, of her with other people at my wedding. But not one of us together! Dangit! MOM!]
 
P.S. She makes amazing treats.
 
 
Delicious Cakes


2 comments:

  1. So many memories at Della's house. The last time I talked to her was right after Lincoln was born. She was so excited and said she was so proud of you! (and now I'm bawling my eyes out)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish that she had met Lincoln. She would have loved on him so much.

      Delete