Thursday, July 10, 2014

Red Cross

I donated blood last night. I haven't donated for about 2 1/2 years. And they've been calling me repeatedly to get me to come donate. (I have amazing blood. Duh.) It finally worked- so I finally donated again.

As I was sitting in the 'interview'-ish section I was asked how much I weighed and how tall I was; the lady got real excited when I told her. Apparently I currently weigh enough to donate double reds. (thanks a lot post-pregnancy body) I was told it would take about 10 minutes longer than a regular donation and would help twice as many people. What the heck, sure.

I'm glad I did it once, but I don't know if I will ever do it again. I was sure I was about to pass out almost half the time I was hooked up to the machine. My face and lips were tingling. Not my favorite.

But hopefully I saved some lives, right?

1 comment:

  1. Tingling is bad in this circumstance...best to not do that again! SL

    ReplyDelete