Thursday, October 25, 2012

Backporch Buddy

One of my lovely friends was telling me the other day, as I was eating her ice cream, that she had gone to visit her lady doctor for the first time. Late last night as I was not sleeping, I remembered this and thought that I should have shared with her my favorite lady doctor story. Ready for it? Its a doozy...
 
Once upon a time I was at the lady doctor's. I reminded my doctor that lady-doctor-time-of-year was NOT my favorite time of year. She told me that it wasn't her favorite time of year either. I didn't know if she meant my time of year to come see her or her time of year to go see her own lady doctor. I prefer to think it was her own lady doctor experience. But I still think it is hilarious.
 
You may laugh now.

Also, on an unrelated note, its always a good day when you get to talk to your bestie:)

3 comments:

  1. Haha....last time I was at the "lady doctor" we were chatting and somehow she was telling me something about her teenage daughter...she then said something to the fact about she would rather her daughter go "knocked up" than was too innocent to date or something like that....yeah I about died laughing...just not something you expect to hear in a situation like that. Love those drs~

    ReplyDelete
  2. My "lady" doctor was a man when Cara was born. As he was gowning up to deliver her, he said, "I think this gown makes me look fat." To which I replied--angled on the table, legs spread in preparation for birth, belly huge with baby, "Yeah, I was thinking the same thing of my gown!" He had the grace to laugh!

    ReplyDelete