Monday, May 7, 2012

Holy Cow

Now that we know we made it through one of the craziest months we've had since we got married (My birthday, my grandma passed away, Matthew's birthday, finals) we can a little bit relax for a few months.

Matthew passed his class! I got the gpa! We each are now older... holding out for wiser for next year. Got to spend some time with all of the Mortensen clan. April was a fun month, busy, but fun.

In between homework, observations, classes and work I did get to cook for Matthew a few times. Two recipes shared from Danielle and that we liked will follow...

Crockpot Chicken Tacos (YUMMMMM. We loved this)
-1 envelope Taco Seasoning
-6 pieces Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts
-1 jar Salsa (16 oz)

Dump everything into a crock pot and give it a little stir to blend the seasoning with the salsa. Cook on high for 4 to 6 hours or on low for 6 to 8 hours. When done, the chicken should shred easily when stirred with a fork.

For tacos, serve the chicken with soft flour tortillas, lettuce, shredded cheese and sour cream.
(I only used half of the chicken and taco seasoning. We are only two people! We ate this in a tortilla with rice, corn and cheese. Matt had ranch, I had sour cream. Like I said before, YUMMMMM.)

Pepperoni Rolls
-3 cans Buttermilk Biscuits (10/can) (I used 2, the small biscuits)
-56 Pepperoni slices (Ish)
-Block of Cheese (Colby Jack) (I used shredded cheese, cause that's what we have)
-1 beaten egg
-Parmesan Cheese
-Italian Seasoning
-Garlic Powder
-1 jar Pizza Sauce (I used Marinara that I had in my fridge)

Flatten out biscuit with a rolling pin, place pepperoni and cheese on top of buscuit. Gather up edges of biscuit and pinch together. Place pizza biscuits into a greased 9x13 pan. Once all of your biscuits are in your pan (I squeezed them and fit 20) brush the rolls with your beaten egg. (I didn't have a pastry brush until a couple days ago. Because of this recipe. I tried to drizzle and kinda just dumped my egg instead. So that is why I purchased the pastry brush.) Sprinkle the rolls with parmesan, Italian seasoning and garlic powder. Bake at 425 degrees for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown on top.

Matthew ate his with ranch, duh, I ate mine with the heated up marinara sauce. Both good choices.

So, for now, We both work like crazy. Matthew has started a regular softball game with some guys from work. I have an on-line class this summer. And other than that, we are working on getting ready for other exciting things to come... like our second cruise in December!!! Wish us luck, we'll wish it right back.

3 comments:

  1. It's decided. I'm trying the tacos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. liz you have a blog! good job. i'm an avid follower now. don't be creeped.

    ReplyDelete