Thursday, May 31, 2012

Can We Talk About...

Matthew just turned on the national spelling bee. Did you know that it is played on ESPN every year? These kids are INTENSE. And also I have never heard of any of these words. Don't judge me. You haven't either. The current word is [soboliferous]. What?! Dictionary.com says:
Soboliferous
Sob`o*lif"er*ous\, a. [L. soboles + -ferous.] (Bot.) Producing soboles.
Which brings up my next question.... What is a sobole? Don't worry:
Soboles
Sob"o*les\, n. [L., a short.] (Bot.) (a) A shoot running along under ground, forming new plants at short distances. (b) A sucker, as of tree or shrub.
A TREE SUCKER.
Also, a girl from Bountiful, Utah just got up and heard her word and said.... What.
Enough about that.

I actually finished a summer project. It is actually something that I found on pinterest and wanted to make for myself. I made one but it was too small for my liking so I made another...

So I actually finished a project before pulling out my new one. Matthew should be so pleased. This next project is one that I have had for at least 10 years. [Sorry Grandpa] But I've pulled it out to actually do it now. I don't know who started sewing it before, but the way that it has been put together, I cannot finish it. So first I get to take it apart and then put it back together.

Joy, time to get to work. Happy summer projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment