Sunday, June 3, 2012

A New Member of the Family

We added a member to our family this week!
Isn't that nice? Matthew loves it.

I didn't get to be there for the inaugural grilling though. That rite was reserved for Matthew and his man-friends. But tonight we grilled some steaks and grilled herb potatoes! Ready for a recipe? Knew it.


Grilled Herb Potatoes

2 Lbs Gold or Yellow-Skinned Potatoes (we used about 1 pound)
1/4 Cup chopped mixed herbs like Parsley, Chives, Rosemary, and Oregano (in the cupboard I had Rosemary, Oregano, and Basil; still good)
2 Cloves Garlic, smashed (I used 1)
1/3 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 Lemon Wedge plus additional for serving

Prepare your gas grill for direct-heat cooking over medium-high heat. (I don't know what that means, Matthew did the grilling. But I'm sure that you can make them on a charcoal grill too.)
Cut potatoes into 1/2-inch-thick slices and cook in a large pot of well-salted boiling water for 10 minutes. (they will not be cooked through)
Meanwhile, stir together herbs, garlic, oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a large shallow dish. (most def forgot to add the salt and pepper in this step. also still good)
Drain potatoes well and transfer to herb oil, tossing gently to coat.
Place potatoes onto a double layer of foil. Fold the foil over and roll the edges together to enclose the potatoes. Place the foiled potatoes onto your grill, turn them once or twice, until tender... about 7ish? minutes. (like I said, Matthew did the grilling) Return the potatoes to the herb oil and toss again. Squeeze lemon wedge over potatoes. Season with salt and serve with additional lemon wedges.

Real good. Matthew came in right after I put the potatoes into the herb oil the first time and was excited because they smelled so good! What a nice boy. Like I said, real good. Try them.

I can't add pictures of my recipes because I can't take good ones. They don't look tasty or pretty. Maybe one day.

Another recipe? You bet. One of my favorites, adjusted to my mini oven in which I have to rotate things half way through so that one side is not more done than the other....

Claudia's Lemon Bars

Short Bread:
1/2 Cup Butter, softened
1/4 Cup Powdered Sugar
1 Cup Flour

Mix well together and press into a greased 9x13 pan. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes (golden brown).

Filling:
4 Eggs
2 Cups Sugar
2/3 Cup Lemon Juice
2 Teaspoons Lemon Zest
1/3 Cup Flour
1 Teaspoon Baking Powder

Cream all together well. Pour over crust and bake for 15-20 minutes at 350 still.
After the filling has been baked, brush with butter and sprinkle with powdered sugar.

Delicious. I. LOVE. LEMON. BARS. I like mine really lemony so I keep adding the lemon juice and zest until I feel like its good. Try these as well. Do it.


No comments:

Post a Comment