Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Who Doesn't Love Cookies?

No one. No one doesn't love cookies. Everyone loves cookies. Everyone does.
My friend Kaderade asked me recently to make some more of the special cookies I've made him before that are GREAT.
Sugar Cookies with Kool-Aid frosting. I know what you're thinking, sugar cookies when its not Christmas? Trust me, they are good anytime. Try them.

STEVEN'S SUGAR COOKIES (from Daddy K's wife)
1 Cup Margarine (I use butter cause I don't buy margarine not in tubs)
2 Cups Sugar
2 Eggs
1 Cup Sour Cream
1 Teaspoon Vanilla
1/2 Teaspoon Baking Soda
4 Teaspoons Baking Powder
4 1/2 Cups Flour
1/2 Teaspoon Salt

Cream margarine and sugar together. Add eggs, sour cream, and vanilla. Add dry ingredients. Dough will be sticky, use lots of flour to roll out to 1/4" to 1/2" thick. Bake at 350 for 7 minutes.

Not too bad. The dough is REALLY sticky. Really sticky. Super good though. Frosting next.

STEVEN'S FROSTING
1 Pound Powdered Sugar
1/4 Cup Shortening
1/4 Cup Water
1/4 Teaspoon Vanilla
1/4 Teaspoon Almond Extract
1/4 Teaspoon Butter Extract
1/4 Teaspoon Salt

Cream all ingredients together. May need more water if it gets too hard to work with. Dye with a packet of Kool-Aid to taste. (I use one envelope. My favorite so far is Mango. Yum.)


They look good right? Cause they are. My frosting kinda separated, my bad. Also, I only own 2 cookie cutters. A star, and a Christmas tree. And a circle wasn't going to work for me today. Not sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment