Thursday, June 28, 2012

Two Days of Grill-Time Last Week

As the title says, we got to grill twice last week. We're pretty legit. Or at least we think we are. The first night it was impromptu, 'let's make dinner, ooh let's make burgers!' So we found a recipe on line...


1 1/2 Pounds Ground Beef Chuck (We used 2 lbs. They come in 1 lb. packages...)
1 Tablespoon Seasoning Salt
1 Envelope Onion and Mushroom Soup (I had the generic kind. And we decided that half an envelope would work better.)
1 Cup Buttermilk Ranch (I just used regular ranch.)

Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat. In a bowl mix beef, seasoning salt, onion soup, and ranch together well. Shape into 4 patties. (4 PATTIES WOULD BE HUGE! I made 9.) Cook over hot charcoal, 7 minutes per side. (Once again, we use a gas grill, Matthew's baby.)

They didn't stay together the greatest for us, next time I would use an egg to keep it together. I thought that that would be a good idea, but as I'd never made the recipe before, I was hesitant to just add it in. I really enjoyed them though. The onion soup made the burgers look like there were worms crawling out of the burger, but! THEY WERE GOOD.

Have you ever had grilled pineapple? You should have grilled pineapple. Why? Cause It. Is. AWESOME.

1 Fresh Pineapple - peeled, cored, and cut into 1 inch slices
1/4 Teaspoon Honey
3 Tablespoons Melted Butter
1 Dash Hot Pepper Sauce (I used Chili Powder)
Salt to Taste

Place pineapple in a large resealable plastic bag. Add honey, melted butter, hot pepper sauce, and salt. Seal bag and shake to coat evenly. Marinate in the fridge for at least a half an hour, preferably overnight. Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat, and lightly oil grate. Grill pineapple for 2 to 3 minutes per side, or until heated through and grill marks appear.

Yeah, its good. You are welcome.

1 comment:

  1. I've been wanting to grill pineapple, but it just hasn't happened yet. Soon though! I might even try your recipe!

    ReplyDelete